The Community Gaming Management Association (CGMA), as operators of Planet Bingo and the Galaxy Grill & Lottery, have been supporting over 30 charitable groups since 1988 as the only continuous drop-in bingo in the Lower Mainland. Planet Bingo is a modern two-floor facility that offers fast-paced traditional paper-bingo and electronic-bingo 364 days a year.
The History of Bingo
The game of bingo began as a lottery game called, “Il Giuoco del Lotto D’italia” played in Italy around 1530. In the eighteenth century, the game matured and in France, the reading out of numbers began.
Today, bingo offers a fun and exciting time with friends but can also become addictive, and compulsive Bingo players can seriously impact their life with negative consequences. At Planet Bingo, we are committed to promoting responsible gambling in Vancouver as we want all of our patrons to feel safe and play responsibly. Like the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC), Planet Bingo suggests setting a budget and sticking to it. Understanding the signs and challenges associated with a bingo/gambling addiction can help and help you stay on budget, here are a few suggestions:
- Keeping gambling fun and safe means gambling only with the money you can afford to lose.
- Only take cash with you to the casino – keep your cards stashed at home so you won’t be tempted to spend more than you budgeted.
- Use the budget tools on PlayNow.com and/or Encore card or PlayNow account history to monitor how much you’re spending.
- Set your smartphone to time limit playing – take a break when the buzzer goes off, stretch your legs for a few minutes, have a coffee or a bite to eat or head home. Ask a friend to call you a certain time if you need the backup and additional support.
- Call the BCLC Problem Gambling Help Line at 1-888-795-6111 if you are concerned.
Help Available for Gambling Addiction
Help for compulsive gambling in Vancouver can be found via support groups such as Gamblers Anonymous, through self-help programs, in counseling psychotherapy, or even in outpatient or inpatient treatment centers specializing in gambling problems that can be found on the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC) website.
Planet Bingo is operated, on behalf of the BCLC, by the CGMA at 2655 Main Street in Vancouver, BC and can be reached by telephone at 604-879-8930.
Planet Bingo / CGMA
2655 Main St.
CGMA operating as Planet Bingo offices are located on the 1st floor in the main lobby across from the elevator.
Hour of Operation
Monday – Tuesday2:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Wednesday – Thursday1:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Friday – Saturday1:00 PM – 11:15 PM
Sunday1:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Please note that closing times are approximate.
Vancouver and surrounding area